Annons:
Tag:Β esports
Read 903 times
jordan
2019-09-16 20:48

Mercedes go back to back!

This past weekend saw the Gran Turismo World Tour return to Salzburg, with the next round of their world championship showcase.

As always, the event was separated into two classes - The Manufacturers Series (the three fastest competitors for their car brand represent the team) and the Nations Cup, which sees competitors represent their nation as an individual.

Salzburg was the first opportunity for the new tournament layout to be used, where instead of 4 races, 3 of which solo and the last involving driver changes, drivers competed in two longer distance races, both involving driver swaps.

Audi, missing from the last event in New York, took race one despite a late wobble, with pre event favourites Mercedes only able to manage third place.

However, with the final race worth double points, Mercedes were able to rise to the occasion, effectively executing their race strategy to take a dominant win, giving their three drivers the coveted Manufacturers trophy.

As a spectator though, this event leaves me with mixed feelings, and a lot of questions. Although the three Mercedes drivers are obviously very talented, it does seem that their car enables them to take more extreme strategy calls as it handles the tyre wear and fuel use better than all the other cars. Also, with this being an FIA sanctioned tournament, I do wonder how much influence the constructors have. Of course, every team would want their car represented well, so to see some teams languishing because of how the BOP (Balance of Power) negatively impacts the car it seems unfair that Mercedes are the main benefactors in what is supposed to be a balanced series. Adding to that, it is Polyphony, the game developers, that determine the BOP, so surely they would want as small a margin between teams as possible?

What do you think?

Annons:
Leia
2019-09-17 11:26

Your sports commentary is written beautifully! There could definitely be a job in that for you somewhere πŸ€”

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-09-17 14:30

It took a minute until I realized that they were gaming. πŸ˜€ I don’t understand how the manufacturers can make different cars for the game. Have they created some sort of API that let manufacturers plug in their own cars within preset limits?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-09-17 21:51

#1 I wish Laughing out loud

#2 As of now Polyphony do all the car and performance related in house at the events. The original statistics of the cars are in the game, although some cars are really unbalanced without any BOP changes. What I'm worried about is any ulterior motives that the developers have that may benefit some teams and not others. I wish there was a way that it could be managed by a neutral party, possibly the FIA themselves if they continue to partner?

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β