Annons:
Tagesports
Read 913 times
jordan
2019-04-22 19:02

F1 Esport Champion makes Professional Debut

The winner of the inaugural F1 Esports series Brendon Leigh made his long anticipated debut in Formula Ford this past weekend.

At the Snetterton Circuit in England, Leigh qualified 5th in his first ever race, and despite finishing fourth, he hit a fellow driver along the way, gifting him a penalty, falling to 10th.

Sadly, in the second race Leigh would find the wall, retiring him from that race as well as the third later in the day.

Despite this, his team boss had nothing but praise for him, saying he was as fast as the other drivers straight away.

Overall, it wasn't all doom and gloom for the rookie, although I do find it slightly amusing that his aggressive driving style (in both how he drives and how he races with others) has translated from the computer to real life.

See Brendon's best bits above!

Annons:
Niklas
2019-04-23 13:27

I wonder if there are other esports that will prime contenders for their physical counterparts. Driving real race cars takes a lot of strength, but Brendon Leigh must have gotten that some other way.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-04-25 21:29

#1 It seems like something like this brings the best opportunity, that's for sure. I think many Esports are based around fantasy ideas, or are shooters, so I don't think the skills would be transferable.

Niklas
2019-04-26 10:02

Fortnite to SAS? 😉

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-04-29 21:08

Maybe if they brought out a VR based version of Fortnite? Laughing

Niklas
2019-04-30 11:31

When you say it, it sounds like there should already have been one. Such a given! 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: