Annons:
Tagesports
Read 1002 times
jordan
2019-03-04 23:21

Fan-made song makes the chart

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The past weekend saw the conclusion of the latest Counter Strike Major, which features the top teams in the world fighting it out for a share of a $1,000,000 prize pool.

I won't spoil who won it, but there was a notable surprise package: The all Finnish line up of ENCE, who qualified for the main event earlier in February with a 3-1 score.

ENCE have somewhat of a cult following, who maintain that every match for the team is "EZ4ENCE" (Easy for ENCE), and one devoted musician even made a song to accompany it.

With their success, the song launched up to 4th in the Finnish charts!

Will we see more Esport-related songs hit the charts soon in a similar fashion to World Cup themed songs?

Annons:
Niklas
2019-03-05 13:31

I may be wrong, but I don't think we will see many esport related songs on international top charts. The convergence of esports fans that are really talented music makers must be too small. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-03-05 13:32

EZ4ENCE wasn’t really a top chart worthy song, but a fun story nevertheless.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-05 23:30

This is surprisingly catchy! Good on them for making it so high up the charts!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-03-07 14:26

#1 Perhaps the fandom around these songs will carry them! For example I don't think this artist was particularly big. Maybe someones career will launch off one of these types of songs… who knows!

Scroll to top
Annons: