Annons:
Tagesports
Read 913 times
jordan
2019-01-14 23:16

Lando Norris and iRacing

With Formula 1 in it's annual off-season, many of the drivers often use this time to spend with family, or enjoy their other hobbies. However, for some of the younger drivers, they may not necessary want the rest!

This can definitely be seen by two drivers in the current paddock: Max Verstappen, and Lando Norris, a rookie coming into the sport next year. Instead of relaxing in the winter period, both of the drivers have been honing their skills on the popular racing simulator iRacing. Cases such as this provide a unique opportunity for a normal person to compete with real F1 drivers in equal machinery, that is of course, if you choose to subscribe to the fairly costly service.

Here you can see a compilation of Lando's moments in iRacing, and although professional competition may not exist on the same scale as other Esports out there, I don't think there are any others where you can directly compete against people doing the real thing!

Sadly though, some of the races they are in end up being quite controversial. Some seem to get too excited to race against them, and end up ruining the race to be 'recognized', ruining the experience for others. 

Personally I really don't see the reason to do this. As mentioned, iRacing is an expensive experience, in both start up cost and with the monthly subscription. Why waste your time ruining races at that cost?

Annons:
Niklas
2019-01-16 11:55

I watched the clip. It’s impressive how real looking the games have become.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-01-16 22:16

#1 Honestly I find the physics more impressive nowadays. You can get some really realistic experiences (rFactor for example), and while the graphics may lack, the experience is as close as you can get to a real race.

Niklas
2019-01-17 12:22

That’s hard to see in a video. You have to experience it. 😀

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-01-30 21:48

#3 Very true. Simulation rigs are slowly becoming more commonplace nowadays, you never know, you may find yourself on one sooner than you think, and can try for yourself!

Scroll to top
Annons: