Annons:
Tagesports
Read 808 times
jordan
2018-10-17 00:57

Fortnite YouTuber sued by Epic

No one likes a cheater, especially the developer of one of the largest games on the planet.

To tackle the issue, Epic Games have filed a lawsuit against many prominent cheaters in the Fortnite YouTube community, which includes someone by the name of 'Golden Modz'. Among others, he creates content showcasing a series of cheats, including aimbot.

Cheating is a serious issue in Esports, and a game which cannot contain them will have serious issues both maintaining integrity and an audience. It's good that legal action is being pursued, as cheating only hurts the experience of other people that you are playing with.

Read more about the case here.

Annons:
Niklas
2018-10-17 09:14

What’s the most common type of cheat? Are they building bots that do the playing for them?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-10-17 21:38

#1 I would say aimbots are the most common cheat. What will happen with them is that the player will click shoot themselves, but then the hack will do the rest (aim) and it will automatically lock onto someone. Other types of cheats that I have encountered include wallhack (the ability to see through walls), or invisibility. Obviously they all impact fair play.

Niklas
2018-10-18 10:46

How can they unveil cheats like that? Don’t they have to see the players room and equipment?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-10-18 13:38

Usually the cheats have to be 'injected' into the game, from the users side into the server client. The anti cheat software that companies use would then check to see if there is any wrong doing. Sadly though the only way to have a successful anticheat would be to install something on the users side, but we have seen in the past that companies can exploit this.

Niklas
2018-10-18 13:50

Aha, are there also instances where it's okay to install something on the server side? Otherwise, it sounds as if they should be able to stop that from happening.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-10-18 14:03

From the developers side, absolutely! From the players side, in every case I can think of, no haha

Annons:
Niklas
2018-10-18 14:13

Okay. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: