Annons:
Tag:ย esports
Read 1022 times
Niklas
2018-09-03 13:36

Why so many Swedes are good at esports and gaming

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The Local has listed reasons for why Swedes are good at esports. They are listing factors as a strong gaming culture, early access to broadband, many Swedish gaming idols, Swedes watch esports a lot, DreamHack started in Sweden and it is also seen as a career path.

Another factor that I also think has been important, is that Sweden from the middle of the 90s had tax rules that made it beneficial for companies to subsidize personal computers for their employees. That way many homes had access to state of the art gaming computers with internet access early on. I remember buying a new powerful computer every other year or so thanks to this.

With so many computers in Swedish households, it is no wonder that Sweden also had many early game developers. Digital Illusions (DICE), Paradox Interactive, Massive Entertainment, King, Starbreeze, MindArk and Mojang, for instance.

ยป Five reasons Sweden is so good at eSports - The Local

(Photo by Caspar Rubin at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Annons:
jordan
2018-09-04 16:03

It was certainly something I noticed in my time there! I feel Europe more widely has also come to terms with Esports much quicker than the UK has, although with more developers focusing on Esports as a form of marketing, the public are becoming more aware.

Tammie
2018-10-20 20:05

Do you think it also helps that the winters are long and cold and esports are something to do indoors and can be fun entertainment in the winter?

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-10-21 11:10

I'm sure it helps, to the frustration of many parents. ๐Ÿ˜ It is much harder to get the kids outdoors than when we were young.

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

jordan
2018-10-22 22:59

#3 Absolutely! I have two younger sisters that definitely fit the social media generation bracket, and they always say why go out when you can talk online Crying

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย